28.1.10

college life

It's 1 week exactly today of being at Taylors.
I enrolled a week late and missed a couple of classes, i missed orientation, I missed all the things that most of the people in my class went through together. On my first day, i said if i manage to carry a conversation with someone that would be more than good enough of an achievement. In other words, i basically had very low expectations of myself making friends or getting along.

But the thing is my first day went better than i expected. Yeah, i was quieter compared to how i am now, but i did manage to carry conversation with people. I consider myself somewhat an introvert and i do acknowledge my inability to make friends easily. But i realised that sometimes you have to step out of your comfort zone, there are more things outside of my own little self-built cocoon.

So, it's exactly a week today for me in college. And its not my first time being in college, but its a completely different experience from my previous place. I miss my old friends, but i find myself getting excited about assignments, i feel like finally I'm doing a course that i love and get excited about doing the tasks. And after a week i have eased myself quite well, made friends who i get along with and met new people.

My IT lecturer also told us about a theater and i put my name down for it. Being an introvert, i might not be having a role in the play itself such as a character, but i'm taking baby steps. And the thought of being a part of a theater production appealed to me. I have never had that experience, and i wanted to be a part of that, see how it all works from the inside. I wouldn't mind being a crew, im curious to see how it all works out and would love to see the process up to the final product, and be a part of it all.

To conclude, i look foward to my 2 and a half years. Im ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment